Channels for submitting grievances or requests for assistance,both for foreigners and tourists traveling or residing in Thailand.

      The Royal Thai Government and the National Council for Peace and Order gives priority to the need for finding solutions for urgent problems and hardships faced by the people. In this connection, the latest initiative has been to provide channels for submitting grievances or requests for assistance, both for foreigners and tourists traveling or residing in Thailand.

     The Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office, serves as the governments centre for receiving and handling grievances and complaints as well as requests for assistance from foreigners in Thailand.  There two channels for submitting grievances and requesting for assistance:

     1. Call 1155 – for urgent incidents: this hotline is operated by the Thailand Tourist Police Division and serves as the main channel to submit requests and coordinating assistance.  This Division is available 24-hours, with translators of various languages, and includes tourist police stations providing such services nationwide.

     2. Call 1111 – for submitting general complaints: this helpline is operated by the Royal Thai Government as the main channel giving 24-hour service.  English-Speaking Operators are available through this helpline.  The helpline has the authority to coordinate requests for assistance working together with relevant supervisors from every government ministry, departments, provincial authorities, state enterprises, independent agencies, and Royal Thai Embassies in ASEAN countries as well.